This course firstly introduces the main principles of both Dense WDM and Coarse WDM, explaining the network evolution, spectrum allocation and channel spacing, equipment types, amplifiers, issues (such as dispersion and 4 wave mixing) and solutions and finishes by looking at network management & TMN. We then look at OTN standards, network layers, frame structure, FEC, alarms, error handling, TCM maintenance signals and network management functions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Technicians, commissioning and maintenance engineers and anyone designing or working on WDM and OTN Networks.
Basic knowledge of digital transmission and optical transmission plus SDH technology is beneficial but not essential SOME
• Identify key technologies in WDM systems
• Understand Equipment and optical interfaces in WDM systems
• Understand optical amplifiers and regenerators (1R to 3R)
• Identify the OTN layers and functions
• OTH multiplexing scheme
• Verify and test OTN (TCM and FEC)
• Be able to evaluate maintenance signals
• Understand Wavelength Division Multiplexing
• Be able to explain WDM network elements and inter-networking
• Describe the function of optical components used in WDM systems
• Understand OTN network principles
• Describe the multiplexing and mapping of the OTN signal
• Identify the different parts of the OTH frame
• Describe maintenance signals
2-day, classroom theory, with quizzes and group exercises.
Maximum attendees 12 per course